Thursday, January 28, 2021

My Obsession with High Waisted Retro Panties - Part Two

Back in February 2015 I wrote a post called "My Obsession with High Waisted Retro Panties". It featured some favorites available online. I realized that some of these are no longer available and of course now there are many new things I have discovered, so I though it was time for an update to this post with. Part Two. Plus I went back to the original post and updated some of the links.

Also, I am finally starting to make my own underwear! I am working with a few different options to make my version of the perfect fit. And it is inspiring me to consider adding this to my Fox & Doll line soon. 

Made by me this week.


Still a favorite for the classic high waisted full coverage pantie is What Katie Did. Also I love that they call them knickers!


Rago is a US made classic since 1945! This whole life is my go-to for classic and affordable shape-wear. These are true vintage cuts that are made to last. A tip to you if you order  - size up.


Um pockets in my underwear? Yes Please!!! I found these searching on Amazon and few years back, ordered right away, and they are classic perfection. 


For something really special from France check out Fifi Chachnil, who I recently learned about from Gertie of Charm Patterns.

Another I just discovered from Gertie's presentation on lingerie is Carine Gilson. Do check out all her lovely pieces, beautifully handcrafted in Brussels.


Ohhh Lulu Lingerie and Apparel on Etsy is inspiring to make some underwear with velvets. 

I found Madalynne on CreativeBug, with a great tutorial on sewing underwear. I love the pieces in her shop, especially this particular pair. And if you want to learn to make your own look her up on CreativeBug or check out her kits that she sells here. Plus she has a whole supplies section! Anyone want to get me a gift certificate??? Hint Hint...


Speaking of kits and supplies check out Porcelynne.com, run by my friend Jen who I used to be part of a co-op with here in San Francisco. She has an online shop dedicated to lingerie supplies and kits.

Hope this post is helpful for anyone looking for something cute and new to add to your vintage inspired lingerie or looking for inspiration to make your own. 


Take note that I do not own items from each of these makers, only a few. But I sure would like to.


Update! I added the leopard print to my shop! Available in all sizes here.


1 comment:

Panty Buns said...

Once again you have discovered and reviewed some gorgeous classic full coverage panties!
The only brand out of the gorgeous panties that you have featured here that I have purchased panties from is Rago (I modelled them on my YouTube channel) - and I concur with you with respect to sizing up!!!

my full brief panty fashion modelling and review blog "Full Brief Panties"
my customer full covergage full brief panty fashion modelling and review YouTube videos