Friday, July 23, 2021

Fox & Doll Approved

Fox & Doll Approved Products 

Recommended by Shana Astrachan of Fox & Doll, a professional makeup artist, hairstylist and licensed esthetician.


And for some special discounts check out this companion post!


And shop the Fox & Doll Shop for lots of other Fox & Doll approved items!


updated 4/6/24





Skincare

Hale & Hush Quite Wash *, calming, soothing and refreshing, great for sensitive skin. I sue this every morning on my face.

Meta Skin Pumpkin Smoothing Wash *, nourishing and great for all skin types, I use this at night.

Hale & Hush Remedy Rehab Oil *, balances and nourishes while boosting overall skin radiance.

Hale & Hush Soothe Essence Serum *, calms, protects and hydrates skin, this is an ESSENTIAL in my skin prep before makeup and always!

By Neives C-Perfect Skin Serum *, this is a great anti-aging and skin repairing product, plus smells amazing.

Hale & Hush Eye Mouse *, very moisturizing, great for day and night

Hale & Hush BROAD SPECTRUM SPF 30 *, the perfect face SPF

Milk Primer SPF 35 *, the perfect face SPF for under makeup

Spray Refresh Setting Mist from Super Goop, unfortunately its out of stock but I love this for spraying over makeup when you need an SPF boost.

Finally! I have the perfect eye makeup remover for you! Get this Azulene Eye Makeup Remover * from my shop. It is soothing and doesn't leave behind any oily residue like so many others do. Of course coconut oil is still a great remover, but when you want have a fresh canvas to work with this remover is perfection.

Castor Oil for lash and brow growth, just place a bit on your lash line and brow at night, that's it. You can buy it at a drug store or natural foods market. Very inexpensive and the best growth serum I know of. Look it up online and you will find so many great uses for castor oil from helping with an eye infection to doing castor oil packs for detoxing the liver.

Gua Sha Stones * for facial massage

B3 Rose Squalene *, for facial message

The Beauty Wand *, for when you are really ready to step up your at home skincare routine. And each purchase comes with a 20 minute zoom session with the to review how to use it.

Melt method at home facelift, learn more abut Melt here and here

Items with a * are carried in the Fox & Doll online shop


Makeup

FACE

LUNE+ASTER RealGlow Skin Tint, my favorite hydrating lightweight foundation. 

LUNE+ASTER RealGlow Primer, put this on your cheekbones under the above product and get that natural highlight glow.

Senna Cosmetics Barely Base Luminous Skin Tint with SPF 20, this product is perfection, the perfect balance of color and SPF in one!

Face Atelier Ultra Foundation Pro

Mineral Fusion Pressed Powder Foundation, I love this as an everyday product. You can use a little or build it for more coverage. Spray over it with a hydrating list to transform it to blend with your skin more like a traditional foundation.

Mineral Fusion Color Correcting Primer, this stuff is magic for erasing redness, the best green primer I have tried. Great under makeup or alone. I have turned so many clients onto this magical product!

The Mineral Fusion line often has sales in their online shop and is found at most WholeFoods stores.

Charlotte Tilbury First Love Blush is another all time favorite for myself and my kit, perfect for fair skin. But also check out all the colors. 

CONCEALER

Concealer gets in own category.

Mineral Fusion Concealer, it has skincare built in, and is creamy and blends easily. I love that it comes with two colors so you can mix them if needed.

The Balm Concealers, I truly love both formulas

YSL Touche Eclat has become a classic, perfect for brightening under the eye area but using very little coverage

Also the brand Tower 28 has a lovely concealer, creamy and is lovely under eyes

I also like the concealer from Lune + Aster 

I also see some new under eye brightener products on the market but there are things I haven't tried yet, and look forward to experimenting with. 


EYES

Esum Mascara a favorite for myself and my pro kit!

BakeUp Beauty Tarantulash gives that inky really black lengthening fullness

A good eyeshadow primer is hard to find but luckily there are two that I like!

The Balm Eyeshadow Primer was a longtime favorite that was discontinued and just came back with a new name and new packaging.

And new to the market is the BakeupUp Beauty Triple Threat Primer

Shadows I recommend are many:

Viseart (the small ones I have stocked that I showed you)

MAC Cosmetics

Nars

Stila

The Balm

Makeup By Mario - for a neutral palette with a nice selection this is a great one

Charlotte Tilbury - Any of the quads would be great here

Bakeup mini palettes for fun matte colors. I also love their mascara and black liner. 

Favorite liners - this could be a whole blog post on its own, but in the meantime I will list a few.

Liquid: Esum Pen Liner *, Stila Stay All Day, KVD Tattoo Liner, Aesthetica Eyeliner Pen. 

Pencils: Esum Dual Eye Pencil*, Charlotte Tilbury Eyeliner Pencil, Mineral Fusion Eyeliner Pencil, Makeup By Mario and Makeup Beauty.

Gel Pot: Inglot 77 (the blackest black, use with Inglot Duraline to turn it into a liquid like liner that stays all day, and use with the Esum Liner Brush*.




LIPS

Fox & Doll One Kiss Lipstick *, the perfect everyday color

Fox & Doll 9 to 5 Lipstick *, the perfect classic red color

Stila Stay All Day Long Wear Lipstick, Beso is my favorite classic red

Meet Matt(e) Hughes, my other favorite longer lipstick, and you can try the minis

Esum Dual Lip Pencil *, the Red is the perfect classic red and Blushed is the perfect nude duo.

lip balm * I love, also carried in my Fox & Doll shop!

Items with a * are carried in the Fox & Doll online shop


Hair

New Wash * this is a non foaming wash and condition in one, it takes some adjusting to but your hair will thank you. It is also the best shave cream I have ever used. So that makes it a 3 in one product!

Hairstory Lift * for get fullness at the root, I use this on almost all my clients and updos to get a natural lift at the root of the hair, a spray in and then blowdry up.

Mason Pearson natural boar bristles and nylon bristles
hair brush

YS Park Round Brush for blowouts

Wire head massager

The Wet Brush, easy to find and affordable

Fox & Doll Tail Comb *, a styling essential

Fox & Doll Volumizing Powder *, a dry shampoo and volume enhancer in one, and if you are doing teased styles it is essential in getting a beautiful overall shape

Items with a * are carried in the Fox & Doll online shop


Wellness

The Moon Juice Cookbook, amazing healthy recipes

Urban Remedy 4-day Cleanse Book, I've never done the full cleanse but I love the recipes.
Start with the vegan caesar salad recipe. I use this book often.

101cookbooks.com, This is my longtime favorite cooking blog.
And look up all of the Cookbooks that Heidi Swanson releases, a highlight is Near and Far.

Rebecca Katz Recipe Box and any of the cookbooks she releases,
a highlight is Clean Soups

Gua Sha at Home with Emiko Oye

Gentle and yin yoga with Reba Gray

Grow herbs and veggies in your kitchen with AeroGarden

Scarlet Sage Herbal store in San Francisco

Rainbow Market in San Francisco, a worker owned co-op where I have grocery
shopped for 25 year. 

Vision Sprouted Nuts just trust me, these are amazing and worth ordering. I can think of much worse habits than my monthly nut habit!

Animamundi is my favorite place to order herbal specialities from, including the Immortality ADAPTOGENIC Powder | 7 Medicinal Mushrooms + Cacao

I offer private makeup and hair lessons if you are seeking recommendations specific to your needs and goals, find more info here

Please send me any of your product questions and shop many of my
favorite products online at www.foxanddollshop.com

And search #foxanddollapproved on Instagram 

xo Shana (aka Fox & Doll)


P.S. Read more recommendations in my post
Relax, Nourish and Brighten your Eyes here.

And read all about highlighters here.

No comments: