Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Palm Springs! Finally!

I have been wanting to go to Palm Springs for forever it seems. Thanks to my gal pals we finally did it this month! I have fantasies of returning very soon, so expect this to be the first of hopefully many posts about this lovely desert oasis. 


One of my favorite parts of the trip was driving around and looking at the houses and neighborhoods. We also stopped off at some amazing hotels to see their decor and bars, The Parker was my favorite of these. With interiors designed by Jonathan Adler, we had fun taking some photos in the impressive super 70's loungy lobby, then wondering around the maze of the seemly endless tropical grounds.


Another highlight was the vintage shopping which we didn't get the chance to dive very deep into, but another great reason to return. My favorite we found was Mr. Cox Vintage, with a super classy selection of well cared for glamorous pieces. Plus I got the chance to wear a few of my favorite warm weather dresses, including this hot little full length tropical number below.


And how could I not mention our perfect accommodations at the Ace Hotel. The rooms were super comfortable and the food at King's Highway Diner (a restored Denny's) was excellent, served poolside and open late night. I adore everything about the Ace! I was also thrilled to find out a friend from Estie School is new the Lead Esthetician there, so if you go make sure to get a facial at The Feel Good Spa!


Chances are I will be back in Palm Springs very soon!


No comments: